Friday, November 8, 2013

Sephora collections


I really don't tend to go to Sephora very often because I find the grand majority of products ridiculously over priced. Now that I did go a few days ago I did indeed overpay for some Formula X polishes (swatches and video review to come), but more importantly I got some pictures of, what I thought, were the best kits and polishes Sephora currently has. 




 These Feather kits from Ciate are definitely adorable, but you can get the same by getting feathers from a craft store, ebay or etsy and using your own polishes. Way more options for MUCH cheaper.


I only have one polish from Nails Inc. but it is one of my favorite reds. The formula is amazing and
application is completely smooth.This holiday kit comes in adorable packaging and offers some pretty amazing colors for a kit.


 This Ciate kit is so amazingly cute! It has mini bottles behind little numbers as a way to count down until Christmas.


 This giant kit from Ciate looks amazing, but I hate that Sephora did not have one open to see what is inside. Plus, it is encased in plastic so there is no way to look. Obviously it is going to be packed full of nail goodies, but the last thing I need is any more nail clippers or files so I want to make sure that if I do pay the ridiculous price, I will be getting something I really want.



And here is the big Sephora X mini nail polish sampler that has been the talk of the town. I have to tell you all that I am not impressed. Not exactly with the polishes themselves, I picked up a few full sized bottles, but this sample set is a huge let down.

You can see in there that pretty much all the primary colors are represented. For me that is a total waste. I can't tell you how many basic blues, greens, reds, yellows etc. are in my collection. The "special effects" polishes in this kit are practically identical to the Maybelline Color Show Polka Dots Nail Polish. Just MUCH more expensive. 

I'm not saying that I will never get this kit, or at least some of the polishes in this kit, but it is not at the top of my list. I was just expecting so much more from all the hype. 

1 comment:

  1. I nominated you for the Leibster Award! It is an award meant to bring attention to blogs with less than 200 followers.

    ReplyDelete