Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Spotted! New L'Oreal The Magic Top Coat at Walgreens


We've been seeing this trend of snazzy top coats for a while now. Think Nail Inc. Feather Nails, Zoya Fleck Effect, Revlon Moon Candy and the overwhelming matte top coats from just about every brand. This new display from L'Oreal boasts some new colors, but the main attraction is "The Magic Top Coats". 

I will say that I am disappointed with L'Oreal's choice to come out with a matte top coat. They are SO far behind the curve on that one that it just feels like a halfhearted attempt to get their place on the matte polish spectrum. I have so many matte top coats, and so far have not really noticed much of a difference between them, so I will not be purchasing that one. In my opinion L'Oreal should have come up with something REALLY original instead. 

Now, I did pick up 3 polishes from this display. For once I actually wasn't going to even BUY polishes but somehow I dropped a bottle, it shattered and after helping clean it up I felt so bad that I felt like I HAD to because the workers were so nice. *Le Sigh* #nailaddictproblems 

The good thing is that I have been saving my Walgreens points up for so long that I only had to pay $2.48 out of pocket. So save up those points!

The ones I got are:
803- The Sparklicious - I don't have anything like it. It is black and silver bar and hex glitter in a clear base. I can already tell it is going to be one of those that needs to be "patted" on to get any real payoff, but it would be nice to quickly spice up a mani mid week.

801- The True Gold - I am 100% a gold polish fanatic so I had to pick this one up. It is fine gold glitter in a clear base. Remember these are all top coats so don't expect to get this opaque in just a few coats. Setting down a gold base coat and putting a few coats of The True Gold over it would probably work, but I LOVE gold glitter gradients. Especially for fall so that is what I will be using it for mostly.

And FINALLY the one that I am MOST excited for:
804- The Holographic- Now I think this name is misleading because it is actually a flakie. Now it is an original flakie, I will give it that. I haven't seen this particular type of iridescence in a flakie polish yet. At least not in any of the ones in my collection.

I'm sorry that this picture is kind of grainy, but just to give you an idea of what other top coats are in the display:
 There is a pink tinged  polish that looks like it is supposed to give a different affect as you turn your nail. Personally I wasn't a huge fan because it looks thick enough to actually affect the color underneath and I don't want to have to be thinking about that too much. 

There was a shimmery polish in a milky white base, obviously meant to add shimmer to any polish but I have seen it before in cheaper lines. And the last one that I did not pick up is the matte top coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment