Monday, September 16, 2013

Lacquer from the League! Apple Store and Lush Cosmetics Store featuring Pure Ice Mani's

Isn't it frustrating when your electronics refuse to charge?  Well on Friday night my iPod touch decided to reject the lightning cable and just would not charge. So I quickly set up an appointment at the Apple store and was on my way Saturday morning. 

The charging problem was a quick fix, I just needed a new cable. Since it was still under warranty I was able to get a new one without having to pay. Which was my excuse to go over to Lush haha

While I was at the Apple store the gal who helped me out had this gorgeous mani! She said that it is Revlon - Rain Forest with Pure Ice - Heart Breaker layered on top. I have briefly mentioned Heart Breaker in another post because it is truly an amazing polish that I think everyone should have in their collection. I will be doing a review on polishes that are great for layering and Heart Breaker will for sure be included!

So I have to say thank you to the lovely young lady who let me take this picture! Also, thank you for sharing with me I Love Nail Polish's new Chrome line! I came straight home and ordered it!

Just look at how BEAUTIFUL this polish is! It's name is Cyngus Loop and I can't wait to get this line and try it out! Credit for this photo is directly from I Love Nail Polish's Etsy shop and can be found here: Awesome Indi Polishes from I Love Nail Polish there are several other polishes in this line, but Cyngus Loop is definitely one of my favorites!




So, like I said, since I did not get charged for a new cable I figured that I wouldn't be doing to much harm if I went over to Lush. Oh boy. Why do  I lie to myself!? For those of you who don't know what Lush is, it is a store full of heavenly goodness! Seriously, just walking into this place is like a hug from Jesus/(insert your preferred deity here)!

This picture is just a quick clip of a counter in the store. Lush specializes in handmade bath, hair, body, face and hand products that are much fresher than what you would find in stores. Notice that I say FRESHER. As in more fresh but not 100% fresh. Some products do contain artificial dyes, sulfates and parabens.

Directly from the Lush site there is this quote:
           "We use less than half the maximum permitted level to ensure the product is as mild as        possible.The parabens are still the safest and mildest we can find."

source: https://www.lush.co.uk/ingredient/detail/id/452/name/Methylparaben

Now I am not bashing Lush AT ALL. Compared to the things in stores, short of just going out and rubbing roots in my hair and on my face, this is as natural as its going to get. However, I do believe that people should know exactly what they are using, and sometimes companies can be a bit deceptive in regards to how they present their products.

Overall though, I love Lush. I have found a new love for baths because of their bubble bars. Jungle conditioner is the only thing that my super curly hair responds to, and R&B tames my wild locks and gives such a beautiful shine while defining the curls and still manages to keep my hair soft!

Plus, I JUST found out that if something really does not work for you, it can be returned for store credit! How in the world did I just find this out!?! This alone makes me happier to shop at Lush because I don't feel like I am wasting my money if something doesn't work. I did rush home to grab Curly Wurly (a shampoo specifically for curly hair) and Cynthia Sylvia Stout (a shampoo made with beer for added shine and volume), and was able to purchase several other products with the store credit and a little extra out of pocket. I will be doing a haul video soon on what I got, as well as covering why Curly Wurly and Cynthia Sylvia Stout did not work for me. 


To top it all of there was a really sweet girl working at Lush, a sassy red head from Cuba who was just the nicest person! On top of being super knowledgeable on every product in the store, she also had this beautiful zazzy polish on!

She couldn't remember the name exactly, but she did know that the brand was Pure Ice. Two great Pure Ice mani's in one day? I call that a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment