Monday, September 16, 2013

ORLY Matte FX Flakie Polish Application/Swatch review on Youtube

I can't be the only person who has an obsession with flakie polishes. I would say it started with Zoya Fleck Effect and snowballed from there. Actually my first Zoya polishes were when Zoya was having a huge sale on 3 bottles for $10.00, no shipping. I went bananas! Now Zoya and I are good friends haha

So when I stopped by Sally's and saw that there was a new display for a matte collection and it included two flakie polishes, I just about squealed.

 As you can see there are 4 polishes in this collection, with the two on the right being the flakie polishes. There is also  a slot for ORLY's matte top coat if you just want to grab that for over any of your polishes.

 Here are the two beauties I snagged up! The one on the right is called Green Flakie Topcoat and the one on the right is Pink Flakie Topcoat. I'm not going to say that I buy polishes for the names, but... Come ON ORLY! Such a big nail polish brand, amazing polishes and absolutely NO imagination or attention put into the polish names? Pretty disappointing. Plus, "Green Flakie" is really stretching things. Even in the bottle it looks blue.


Here are the polishes swatched on a nail wheel over two coats of Wet n' Wild black. Green Flakie is on the left, pink flakie is on the right.

If you would like to see a video of the application, as well as the polish in different light settings, check out my newest youtube video: Click here for a direct link to the video or click on the embedded video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment