Sunday, September 8, 2013

Ulta 21 Days of Beauty!!!!

It's here! It's here! It's finally here! Shout it to the winds and rejoice!

It is officially the start of Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty!

For those who don't know how this works, from September 8th - September 28th, Ulta puts something on sale or has a great BOGO deal each day.

Here's the catch: The deal is only good for that ONE DAY. So snag it if you want it!

Some days and deals are great, while others really fall flat. On day 13 (9/20) the deal is half off Urban Decay's Vintage Grindhouse Double Barrel Sharpener. It is $5.00, originally $10.00. Personally I think that is still ridiculous for a sharpener, but to each their own.

Now on to what us Lacquer Heads really want! What kind of specials are going on at Ulta that are worth grabbing?

Well first mark your calenders for Day 7 (September 14) because Butter London polish goes on sale for $10. 

 


 As far as the actual 21 day event, this is all us Nail Polish lovers have to work with. Take to the Twittersphere and the blogosphere! Write your congressmen/women! We will make them hear our voices! United we are strong, divided we fall! Or you can just settle for some of the other special deals on polish going on right now. Ya know, in between letters to your congressmen. 

So first we have Ulta brand nail polish on sale for $2.00. I believe they are originally around $6.00 so this is a pretty good deal!

Sally Hansen is also getting in on the action with discounts on the Salon Perfect ($9.00 down to $5.99) line. Nail strips and gel strips are also on sale.


Next we have a free Deborah Lippmann polish (full sized in the color "Love is a Battlefield")  when you spend $25 on any Deborah Lippmann purchase. 
  • NOTE: This is IN STORE ONLY be sure to call ahead because not every Ulta carries Deborah Lippmann! If you do call, make sure to get the name of the person you speak with. I have had several problems with Ulta employees telling me something was in, when it is not.


Next is the one that I am REALLY excited for! Zoya is offering a free gift with the purchase of any 3 Zoya polishes! The free gift is a sample  of their Zoya Nail treatment set. On Zoya's website it is called the "Zoya Minicure Gift Set" and is priced at $20.00 plus shipping: Click here to take a look on Zoya's website. So this is an AMAZING deal! Especially for those of us (MEMEMEMEMEME) who were going to purchase some of the new fall collection shades anyway.

From what I can see on Zoya's website, the minicure comes with a small bottle of Zoya nail polish remover, Anchor base coat, Armour top coat, and fast dry drops.

 Spotted! New Zoya PixiDust and Cashmeres & Satins displays at Ulta!






Now before I continue I have to share that I was actually going to get this today. When I found out about it I was beyond excited! I picked up the phone right away and called Ulta asking if the deal was live (because I know some of them don't start until later) and if they had the free gift in stock (because, once again, sometimes they don't come in on time). The girl I spoke to assured me YES on both accounts and so I dropped everything and rushed over to Ulta.

I do not live close by Ulta, and in fact I have had so many bad experiences with the in store Ulta (there is only one in my area) that I generally shop exclusively online, or I wait until I go visit my dad and go to the Ulta over there and get everything I need.

Well sure enough I get to the Ulta and they inform me that they do not have the free gift. I ended up speaking to a manager, who was very nice and really was trying to help, but the honest truth is that the only reason I was there was because of the free gift with the purchase.  This Zoya one specifically. I was pretty frustrated because, like I said it was the only reason I went and I DO NOT live close by the Ulta at all. Plus I had called ahead of time! I have worked in retail and I was just always taught that unless you have the item in your hand, you NEVER tell a customer that it is in. Even if you saw it 5 minutes ago, you go get it and make sure. This wasn't the case here. Apparently they just didn't get them in and they had even had a meeting about it earlier that morning.

Anyway, the manager offered to give me one of the other free gifts with my purchase of 3 Zoya's but, like I said, that wasn't why I was there. In fact, at this Ulta store this has happened SEVERAL times in the past. This is why I try and avoid it at all costs. Anyway, I did call customer service and let them know what happened, because this has happened in the past. I stressed that the manager did try and help and that my frustration was not in the product not being there, because I understand that that happens, but rather with the fact that I specifically asked if it was in and was told yes. If when I called the girl had said that they did not currently have it, I would have said "Ok, thank you! I'll check back in a few days." Instead of wasting my time and gas. Anyway, they said someone should contact me within 24-48 hours. I'll let you know what happens.


Ok moving on! The next two things that were put in this months ad were OPI and Essie. No sales or free gifts, just looks at their new collections.

There are some pretty good deals and awesome colors coming out! I am sure that many of us cannot wait to get our hands on some of it! If this isn't enough for you there is one more deal that you might want to check out.

China Glaze, ORLY and Piggy Polish are all doing a Buy 2 get 1 free deal right now. This was NOT in the ad, I saw it when I went into the store and I don't believe it is going to last that much longer.



And last but not least, lets not forget that Ulta has a coupon for $3.50 off any purchase of $10.00 or more! It's not a huge amount, but it is something!



What deals are you looking forward to in this 21 Days of Beauty? Anything specific you are holding out for to splurge on?

No comments:

Post a Comment