Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sinful Colors Blue by You vs. ORLY Royal Navy comparison and video

As I sit here writing this blog post I am reminded why I want my own stretch of land far, far away from anyone else. Today is a perfectly lovely day, nice breeze blowing and some clouds. Oh yeah, and then there is my neighbor across the street with the doors on his beat up jeep wide open, blaring "music" so dang loud that my walls and windows are rattling.

I am going to repeat that just so there is no confusion: the walls and windows of my house, are RATTLING. Because some inconsiderate window licking douche nozzle has decided it is ok to flood the world with "musical" noxious clouds of obscenities and misogynistic hate.

Anyway, this ex-con isn't going to change any time soon; this is NOT the first time this has happened. I'll just have to hope his meth lab gets discovered... or blows up. He's woken me up so many times now that I'll take either one. #sarcasm (kind of...)

ANYWHO!

I have another video up! Yay! Click here for a direct link! 

This video is comparing Sinful Colors Blue By You to ORLY Royal Navy. Sometimes I will look at colors in my collection and think "I already have you... why do I have more than one of you in different brands?!" The answer is because I am a nail polish addict. 

I am CEO, Queen and Grand Royal Empress of La Lacquer League.

That doesn't mean that Her Royal Highness doesn't like a good deal! And I KNOW I can't be the only one! So I am going to be swatching different colors in my collection side by side to see if they really are dups for each other. Just because they look the same in the bottle doesn't mean that they actually are. We are all familiar with finding a polish that is BEAUTIFUL in the bottle and suddenly an evil stepsister when it gets on your nail. 

I also don't believe that being the same color in the end constitutes a dupe. At least not in my book. The end result might be similar, or exactly the same, but what if the higher end polish only required 1-2 coats while the lower end polish required 4-5. Personally, that is a big enough gap that I would still purchase the higher end product. We all know how long it takes for 4+ coats of polish to dry!

That is why I am not just going to show you final results but actually record videos of the application process. You can see exactly how it applies and then judge the final result for yourself. 

 Left: Sinful Colors Blue by You, Right: ORLY Royal Navy
 I truly had to try very hard to get this picture. The ORLY polish IS darker than the Sinful Colors polish, but it is by such a small amount that it is hardly noticeable. The Sinful Colors polish is not a perfect dupe for the ORLY polish, however, I feel that it is close enough.

 
Based on the price, application, color and finish, I suggest the Sinful Colors polish. The ORLY polish is so much more expensive and I did not feel like it truly delivered something that was worth the increase in price. Unless you are truly on a journey of collecting polish, you will be just fine with only one of these in your stash.

You can always check out my nail polish collection on google docs here: My nail polish collection

If you see any polishes in particular that you would like me to swatch, review or compare just let me know!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment