Tuesday, August 27, 2013

How to travel with polish

One of the best things I have done for my collection is learn to travel with polish. I have started to realize just how much polish prices can vary, so no matter where I go I make it a point to at least stop by a Walgreens or Walmart to see what they have and if it is worth purchasing it or just waiting until I get home.

The majority of the time that I travel it is by plane, so there are a lot more issues to take into account.  First here are a few things to remember:
  1.  POLISH IS FLAMMABLE!
    • If you are going to be carrying polish with you in your carry on bag make sure to have it in a resealable plastic bag. Also, keep in mind that because it IS flammable, it could be confiscated. If you are going to carry polish in your carry on the safest bet would be to keep it to only a few bottles.
  2.  Bags are NOT treated nicely.
    • Your checked bags get tossed around like crazy. Do not just put polish in a plastic bag and expect it, and your clothes, to make it. This is the tin that I use when traveling in case I find some polish. It is small enough that it doesn't take up a ridiculous amount of room, but big enough to fit several polishes. For extra safety I put a plastic bag in first, put the polish in, tie a knot in the bag, and put another plastic bag in to fill the empty space. This way if something does leak I don't have to worry. In pictures you can see a few dings and dents. This is from how rough checked bags are treated, so keep that in mind. 



  3. Make sure that all caps are secured!
    • Seriously! Check and double check that your polish bottles are completely sealed. The last thing you want is them to leak all over. If you have taken precautions that is great, but it still means you will lose a lot of the product. So check and recheck!
    •  
I hope this helps :)
       

No comments:

Post a Comment