Friday, August 30, 2013

Spotted! New Sinful Colors Leather Luxe Collection at Walgreens


Today while dropping by Walgreens I saw a new display from Sinful Colors! They are calling it their Leather and Luxe collection and all I can think of is: FINALLY! It has been so long since SC has come out with anything new so I am so glad to see them stepping up again.

On the display the model has "smoke & flames" on her nails, and if you look down at the second picture in this post, you will  see directions on how to "Get the Look".
One of the Walgreens workers was stressing to me that I HAD to use the SC top coat or it would not work. I mean REALLY stressing this point.

She has no idea what she is talking about. As it CLEARLY says on the display  these are MATTE polishes, so in order the get the "smoke and flames" look, all you need to do is use ANY top coat and used different sized strokes.

This technique is not new. I wouldn't even really call it a "technique". But it can give you a cool look, and I am happy to see more matte shades coming out.

Of course a matte top coat can be used over any polish to turn it matte, but that is another step and sometimes I feel like certain polishes do not take well to certain matte top coats. I have had some streak, or just turn a really bad color while using a matte top coat.

Also, it is not pictured here, but there is a green matte polish in this line but I did not purchase it because the only bottle they had left had a defective brush. :(



No comments:

Post a Comment