Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Introduction to TMNTCupcake!

This being the first post of my blog, I feel it is important to make it clear what I want this blog to be and give some background on my nail polish addiction!

When my collection started and how it brought me here

I started using nail polish on a, somewhat regular basis, about 5 years ago. This was back when there seemed to be hardly any choices available. There was a small section in Walgreens, Walmart and Target for some Sally Hansen polishes, and on the other end of the spectrum was Wet 'n Wild with a few random bottles. Other than that, Sally's was the only place to get nail polish. At the time Sally's seemed SOOO expensive for polishes and nail care.... Oh how times have changed!

I started truly collecting polish about 2 years ago and have not looked back! Like most Nail Polish Addicts I think we don't realize just how many we have for a while, and then suddenly BAM! it hits us.

It hit me when I was reorganizing my collection. I sat down and actually cataloged all of my polishes in excel.

If you would like to see my catalog of polishes you can view it in google docs here: Nail Polish Collection Catalog. For some reason it is showing two extra pages (9 & 10), and I cannot figure out why, so please just ignore them.

What will this blog be?

While cataloging all of my polishes, and all the other odds and ends in my collection, I realized that there are so many things that I wish I had not purchased. Or at least, I wish that I had known more about them before purchasing. In my collection I have polishes that are either exact dups, or so similar, that I do not need both and I wish I could have seen side by side comparisons. Looking up swatches is great, but lighting can change the color of a polish, and without seeing them in the same light, side by side, it can be difficult to tell if they are similar or not.

I am not saying there are not reviews out there. There are. However, the majority of the time they do not cover what I need to know.

So I decided to start my own blog and Youtube channel (TMNTCupcake's Youtube Channel) to review, demonstrate and compare products in a way that would have helped me. My hope is to help other people find products that work, nail polishes that are dups for higher priced brands, and to save others time and money when considering purchases.

I am always open to suggestions on making my blog and youtube channel more interesting and helpful. So please, if you have any constructive criticism, ideas, products you would like to see compared/reviewed, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment